Come work for us
Helping make a permanent positive change in the hearts, minds and wallets of those locally
About Ground Up Digital
We are a social enterprise digital agency. We discuss and define all our clients’ marketing assets, and make sure we leverage everything available so they can get the best value from the brand and reputation they have worked so hard to build. Our clients love the holistic digital marketing strategies we create, that recognise the interconnections between different online media and combine approaches to deliver better results than each would achieve alone. Our principal focus is on Google Ads and Facebook advertising, search engine optimisation, and website design.
Our social mission is to train newcomers who have plenty of potential, but face difficulties finding a workplace to help them use it due to disability or past
mistakes. We believe everyone deserves fair chances in life, regardless of their background, demographic or personal history. Currently, we are looking for experienced staff who want to use their existing digital marketing skills and to extend their skill set by working with us to mentor and train others. Your expertise will combine with ours to make sure our clients always receive the stellar service they deserve – while we meet our social objectives at the same time.
Why we might be right for you:
Looking for your next challenge?
Are you a passionate, innovative, hardworking, and honest person, who would love to join a socially responsible digital agency as we expand rapidly?
Are you seeking an employer who has the same values and emphasis on work-life balance and flexibility as you do, and where you can see the positive effect of the work you do every day?
Would you love to mentor and develop others, and take pride in seeing them thrive professionally?
Then you might be the right person to join us at Ground Up Digital.
We’re making something great. Come and help us build it.
SEO Account Manager Leeds
Salary - £20k - £30k annually
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small company at an early stage, with clear progression into a hands-on management role as we expand.
As a small but fast-growing agency, we’re looking for the right team player, with extensive SEO experience and a can-do attitude to help our clients grow.
Someone with a proven SEO track record
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running when it comes to all things SEO, with a proven track record to produce measurable results for a wide range of clients.
Someone who can roll up their sleeves
At first the role will involve assisting with a range of other digital marketing tasks, so it’s vital that you’re a team player, who is happy to get stuck in.
Someone keen to build their skills & grow with the role
As our client list grows, we expect this role to move swiftly towards a purely SEO role, so we’re looking for someone who wants to specialise. As the workload increases the role will progress into a managerial role, leading your own team.
Someone who loves training and mentoring a team
Helping them to develop their skills and building a team of SEO executives that deliver great results.
Someone who can take the lead
You’ll have the confidence to take ownership of client communications, strategy and implementation of technical SEO, on-page SEO and link building.
You will attend and lead client meetings, delivering valued insight and advice.
Someone who has ideas
You will have a full understanding of the interconnected nature of multi-channel advertising strategy, and a desire to experiment with different ideas and theories to enhance a brand’s revenue structure.
Someone who cares
You will be keen to work with us towards our overarching goal to create a business that truly works for good, as well as helping to progress the company’s social goals on a day-to-day basis.
What’s on Offer?
- Location: Leeds (but working remotely until January 2021 at least)
- Work with local, national and international clients
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Rapid progression opportunities as the company grows
- Friendly & supportive small team environment
- The opportunity to make a real difference
- Deliver results-focused SEO strategies on behalf of our diverse portfolio of local and national clients
- Undertake in-depth keyword research, keyword selection and keyword mapping
- Conduct link audits to identify potential weaknesses and opportunities and to gain an understanding of the competitive landscape
- Devise content calendars for maximum impact
- Communicate concepts to non-technical and inexperienced audiences
- Have a solid range of skills around technical SEO, on-page SEO and link building
- Understand other digital disciplines including Google Ads and Paid Social
- Good time management skills
- Drive to keep up to date with digital marketing trends
- An eye for detail and the ability to proof the work of others
- Have experience of running SEO campaigns for agencies or in-house
- Using a range of SEO software / tools
- Handling multiple accounts in an organised and effective manner
- Experience in, or aptitude for, training others
- 2-3 years’ minimum experience in SEO
- Agency experience preferable
- WordPress experience
- Master of Excel
- SEO Software Semrush and ahrefs
- Client facing experience
If you’re interested in the job we will be running a series of three recruitment sessions where you can come and listen to a presentation about the company by our MD and founder Rory Mason, you can also meet Ground Up Digital staff and ask them any questions you may have about working for the company.
To attend one of these dates please send your CV and cover letter to Ground Up Digital. The dates of the online group sessions are:
- Thursday 16th July @ 8pm – via ZOOM video call (link)
- Wednesday 22nd July @ 12pm (noon) – via ZOOM video call (link)
- Tuesday 28th July @ 6pm – via ZOOM video call (link)
Send your CV and cover letter to Rory Mason – firstname.lastname@example.org
Easter Egg Hunters
Recruitment Easter Eggs
Try to find all the hidden easter eggs spread throughout this website!
Hidden in pages, images and elements, there are quite a few to find.
If you’re reading this, this is part of Ground Up Digital’s recruitment process to demonstrate different skills and have a bit of fun.